The city of Merced is located in Merced county, California, United States, and was established in 1889. The city is very beautiful as it is in the San Joaquin Valley and was named after the scenic Merced River which flows nearby.
Places to visit:
- Lake Yosemite- An artificial lake with county park features swimming, fishing, kayaking, plus picnic shelters.
- Castle Air Museum- Castle Air Museum is a military aviation museum, a former United States Air Force Strategic Air Command base.
- Merced County Courthouse Museum- Merced's historic courthouse kept as a museum, it is an important monument and has interesting exhibits.
- Merced Multi-Cultural Arts Center- Art gallery showcasing art exhibits of local and national artists, also organize classes and exhibitions of art and culture.
- Merced Theatre- An awesome theatre featuring shows and plays with multi-screen theatre.
- Applegate Park Zoo- Small zoo which shelter native wildlife and includes playground and picnic spots.
- Fahrens Park- A recreational area with a playground and disc-golf course.
Places to stay:
- America’s Best Inn and Suit- magnificent hotel for stay as it features spectacular service and interiors.
- Best Western Inn- This Inn features clean and fine interior with great services like free Wi-Fi and free breakfast and lot more.
- Motel 6 Merced- An Awesome Hotel with beautiful structure and interiors with swimming pool.
- Ramada Merced- Traditional hotel with amazing services, beautiful interiors and exteriors.
- Courtyard by Marriott Merced- A perfect hotel offering combination of modern and luxurious comfort with incredible services.